Tuesday, September 16, 2014

T for Tuesday and Cauliflower Soup another version

Well as promised I made another version of my Cauliflower Soup Recipe, this version is way tastier..ahem I didn't get to taste the first one but I bet this one beats the first. Now in my first recipe I forgot to put the cheese in, this time I remembered but I forgot the anchovy hahahaha. What a dill I am when it comes to cooking. 

So this is what it looks like to start with, hubby and I are trying to lose weight so I found a recipe book that I had a long time ago that cause me to loose 5 kgs in 4 weeks by cooking sensibly. You cook with tomato juice instead of oil. So you can see a tinge of tomato juice in the pot. I added zucchini to the pot after roasting the cauliflower, onion and garlic in the oven (at this point I didn't know I was adding more ingredients so nothing else got roasted. Also added round cabbage, because I had both ingredients in the fridge I needed using up.



I added some chicken salt and pepper but found it still bland, then I found a jar of chilli and lime salsa in the cupboard from Anthony's Sauces in Canberra, definitely going to order some more of this ingredient.
And here you have the finished product, I asked hubby if he wanted it as is or pureed. He does not like his soup pureed lol. Had I known that I would have cut the vegetables up smaller into bite size pieces, so here I am struggling to fit a large cauliflower in my mouth LOL. Luckily it was boiled all day so its soft and I can break it up with a spoon.

Seriously this is one of the tastiest soups I've ever made with so little ingredients, the secret is in the roasting.

Joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T for Tuesdays. 

15 comments :

Evelyn S. said...

I couldn't do it... but I'm quite familiar with "cabbage soup" for weight loss here. This summer, I roasted cabbage several times...sliced it, used olive oil, salt, pepper,seasoned salt...roasted it in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, turning once during that time. My husband loves it. As for losing weight, I could stand to drop a few pounds!

kiwimeskreations said...

I know that weight battle - but that soup looks fabulous!!
Blessings
Maxine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree with Maxine. That soup looks fantastic. I'd leave out the chicken, but would probably add extra cheese. And you would NOT want to eat at my house, because I cut everything even larger than you did. At least the zucchini. I'd probably break the cauliflower up a bit more, though.

This really looks yummy and I'm super glad you shared it for T this Tuesday.

froebelsternchen said...

I cut cabbage right now -- today I gonna make KRAUTFLECKERL ...(Austrian Recipe :HERE
Happy T-Day from Austria to you!

Divers and Sundry said...

I like cauliflower but have never had it in soup. It sounds good. Thx for the suggestion :)

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! Your soup looks yummy and would be good for the rainy gray day I have here. The mug looks great with the soup too. Thanks for sharing it with us and have a good day.

Linda Kunsman said...

Mmmm, that looks so good!! I will agree that the extra step of roasting makes all the difference. I just made a baking dish of roasted cauliflower yesterday and couldn't stop popping them in my mouth. Our son just shakes his head when I tell him it's like eating candy:) Good luck with your healthy eating and weight loss. Happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

Your soup looks delicious.
Being from German and Polish heritage my husband and I enjoy kraut/kapusta very much ;-)
Happy T Day Bridgit
oxo

Krisha said...

You always make me so hungry, and I am trying to drop a few pounds too. This looks so yummy and the recipe makes my mouth water.
Happy T-day

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks yummy-just had roasted veg pasta- cut quite large! I have never roasted cauliflower so guess what I will be buying next time I shop!! Chris:-)

Robyn said...

I love big pieces in my soup so I can see what I'm eating!

Rita said...

That just sounds better with roasted veggies in it. Great hint. Happy T-Day! :)

Halle said...

I think the soup looks yummy. I could eat soup every day...wish I could talk my family into the same.
Happy Tuesday!

creatorme said...

That soup looks yummy! I love roasted vegetables. I like them both puree or as is. Happy T-Day!

Dianne said...

oh my dear it sounds yummy! I make a vegetable soup with cabbage in it and pretty much throw in any veggies I have on hand, but haven't tried roasted cauliflower. Great idea!