Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WOYWW #276

What a difference a week makes!!

                                  Before                                                                          After
I spent an entire day to achieve this, from 6am till 8pm WHEW, makes me tired just thinking about it. This area will be the storage area because the lighting is not good for crafting.
                              Before                                                                               After
I moved the white cupboard in the second photo, you can just see it on the other side of the silver post which is probably holding up the whole house upstairs lol.
This side will be my crafting area because there is direct light. I'd love to have the craft table further down where the roller door opens but the 'new' dining table will go there. We pick it up on Sunday yay. So next week you shall see the 'new' loved furniture and hopefully all unpacked and ready to go. Well all hidden at least hahahaha. I have 2 projects to do so time is of the essence.

And yes Julia I do craft, sometimes I just can't show what I am doing because they are no public friend or 'secret' projects LOL.

Had some very interesting comments on my desk/room last week, so I'll address some here. Julia Queen of Desks said she has never seen me craft, that made me laugh out loud. My craft posts are on another blog to this one, you can see it HERE. This blog is my photography blog, I decided to split my two loves of craft and photography into two blogs. She also suggested throwing out some of my furniture to make way for the new...ahem....I need all the surface space I can get and since most of them were given free I am not complaining about the hodgepodge of furniture I have now. One day I will win lotto and can make one of those to die for craft rooms I see in the US.

Others wondered how many dies I owned to fit in that white cupboard....have you seen Becca Feeken's die collection? She has so many she has to have a system to store and collate them. Mine is a baby collection LOL. I promise I will photography my dies collection when I have them all in once place.

Another question was the actual size of the craft room and yes its the size of the house which is upstairs and measures 26 x 36 feet or 7.8 meters x 10.8 meters. So I practically craft in the space of the house we live in, just downstairs which makes it a really small house compared to the one we just moved from which was double the size of this one.

LLJ commented that I could hold a WOYWW crop in here, so I am putting out an open invitation for anyone who wants a WOYWW crop here are welcome to plan a holiday with LLJ and Julia to come on Downunder.

Check out some awesome craftrooms:
Scrappin2do
Mayholic
Brenda's Studio
Cathy's stamping Oasis
Christie Hund

Joining Julia's Stamping Ground to see more desks/craft areas.


35 comments :

Nikki said...

I've come the conclusion your craft room is a store in disguise Wow it's such a huge space and your lucky to have all that room to spread out and who needs matching furniture to create :) You can see the progress can't wait to see it all finished
Happy WOYWW hugs Nikki no # yet

kiwimeskreations said...

One year I will take you up on that invite!! Love your space Bridget, and love the lighting you have there.
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

ooh now that would be an exciting trip for a WOYWW crop! Love your unpacking skills, you did well! Helen 11

Unknown said...

You've made so great progress on your space. #17

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

MM wouldn't have so far to travel for a WOYWW crop at your place good to see progress is being made ... well done.. Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #15

Mrs.D said...

Morning Bridget, you are making progress with the room, and I can confirm that you create some beautiful craft work on other blog. Spent a long time drooling over them last week.
Chris#4

Chrysalis said...

What an amazing space, Bridget! And your other blog is beautiful - perhaps you could link it to WOYWW, so we can all share your lovely work? Hugs, Chris # 29

Anonymous said...

I still think your room is something like a classroom. It is so big! I agree with Julia, it would be nice, seeing some of you projects on this blog :-)
Cheers
Gabriele 16

Unknown said...

I think this is the largest craft room i have witnessed that is not an actual store! If i didn't like in the US I would find a way to take you up on the invite!looking forward to seeing the whole finished project. Diane #26

RosA said...

Fabulous space Bridget! Just wondering ... do you know where everything is? Or do you have to hunt around for things? Just curious :)

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, you have the most fabulous space, I would love all that room to spread my stuff out in - how lucky you are! I shall be hopping over to see your other blog now, I hope you have a great week,
Diana #32

Julia Dunnit said...

It was a tongue in cheek suggestion...
And how can I kit a workshop in such a small sapce? Easy - you use the space you've got...you've got a huge space and you're using it all huh! So we may never actually get to see whats ON your workdesk then?!!

Tertia said...

Your space looks HUUUUGE! I thought my room was big, but this? This is amazing!
Went for a quick peek at your other blog and love what you do!
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #38

Glenda said...

Your space is going to be wonerful! So much room to spread out into! Thanks for sharing! Glenda #44

glitterandglue said...

Your space really is HUGE Bridget - you are one fortunate lady. I, too, had a really good look round your other blog - but please, please, please, put some of your work on this blog - we would all love it, and don't always have lots of time on a Wednesday to look so hard elsewhere...:-(
Thanks for visiting.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Good job!-! Hope we do get see something of what you make here! Chris. 43

Hazel said...

How I wish I could come down under to join you for a WOYWW get together - would be brilliant. Your space is progressing well. Thanks for sharing today. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #47 x

Carole said...

Good work...great space...nice invitation. It looks like you bought the entire store. Be well Carole #59

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, I'm so jealous! What a wonderful space to create in! Susan/InkyDinkyDoodle #64

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Wow! What an amazing crafting space you have. Thank for stopping by today.

Fiona #3

Ohhh Snap said...

holy cow that's impressive unpacking!! I've moved 31 times and I'm superstitious about unpacking everything (as soon as I unpack the last thing... I wind up moving again so there's always a couple of boxes kept packed lol). That is an impressive craft room. I had no idea you had a separate crafty blog, I guess I should read Blog Titles and sidebars more often lol. Happy WOYWW! #49

Shoshi said...

Lol Bridget - Beam me down under, and I'll be there like a shot!! Not only for the crafting, but for the food as well ROFL!! What a magnificient creative space you have. I love the before and after photos, and you are really making it look like home again, and so quickly too. Well done indeedy!

Thanks for your lovely comment. Sorry to hear you have some of the same afflictions as me. The Gaviscon medicine he prescribed for me is the most disgusting stuff I've ever tasted... The thought of six weeks of it is simply terrible! Hopefully it will help, though. Dad always said that medicines that tasted nice never did you any good!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #37

Robyn said...

Job well done! #1!
I'd love to come an play... one never knows!
Thanks for visiting and your kind words!
Robyn 7

Lisca said...

Well done for that re-org! What a huge craft/hobby space! Lucky you!
I wish I could take you up on that invitation. Visiting Australia is on my bucket list.
Thanks for inviting my to have a peep at your work place.
Lisca#45

Elizabeth said...

You're doing well sorting out your room which is an incredible space, even if it is smaller than your previous house! I did pop over to your other blog and you do craft :) Beautiful projects they are too. Much as I'd like to, I don't see me ever making a WOYWW crop at your place but thanks for the invite :)
Have a great week. Elizabeth x #62

Eliza said...

In answer to your question Fitzroy Gardens has been there a long time, I really don't know why more Melbourenites don't visit it, it is right on the edge of the city and easily accessible. Gosh you would be surprised at what is around Melbourne, but you will see more in coming posts.

Progress is happening in your craft room.

Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan
Happy WOYWW

thanks for visiting.

Anne said...

Oh my word that is an enormous crafting space - I thought it was a store at first :-) hanks for visiting my little space !!! Would love to revisit Brisbane and craft with you . Anne x #32

Unknown said...

Oh that would be fun to have a crop in your fantastic craft room! I would have to fly around the world to do it - but what fun! Have a good week. Sandy Leigh #54

Cazzy said...

Hi Bridget, Happy WOYWW!
That is a huge craft room, I love it! You have done a lot of work to put your stuff away too.

I don't know if I will ever make it to your crop, I didn't even manage the WOYWW crop and that is in the same county!

Cazzy x #66

jojo79 said...

That is a fantastic space. I thought that had a lot of stuff to sort out in my new space, but you have way more.
Jo #73

Unknown said...

What a fabulous crafting space - very envious!!!

Ailsa #74

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh my word...that is a jaw droppingly huge space! And you have been very busy organizing. It looks great!

Thanks for sharing your space! Hugs, Kathy Jo #41

VonnyK said...

Oh my goodness, what I could do in a room that size. The mind boggles. Do you rent yourself out for tidying??? If you can clean up that area you could even manage my mess :)
Have a great time in that room.
Von #25

Neet said...

I am sure I would never find anything if I had such a huge room. Is it solely for crafting or is it used for other things (you mention a dining table?)
Enquiring minds and all that
Hugs, Neet 24 xx

Amy E said...

Wow! You did a lot of work this week! I can't believe the difference in the before and after photos! And now I'll have to go check out your crating blog...I had no idea you had two separate blogs!!

Happy (late) WOYWW!
Amy E. #8
Scrapthissavethat.com